College advising at Covenant is a partnered process between the Upper School Lead teacher, the College Advisor, and parents. The Lead Teacher meets annually with students to go over their graduation plan, discuss end of year GPA, and answer questions regarding graduation requirements beginning the end of their 8th grade year.
The College Advisor meets with students once each trimester beginning their 9th grade year to…
- support and encourage students as they explore their gifts, talents, and interests while seeking God’s will for their future,
- provide resources to prepare for the PSAT, SAT/ACT, and SAT Subject Tests,
- assist students in navigating their college search, and
- assist juniors with college admission and scholarship applications.
Additionally, the College Advisor organizes…
- lunch time visits with various college recruiters from across the country (Fall),
- lunch time visits with speakers in various career fields (Spring), and
- administration of the PSAT (Fall).